Monday, April 23, 2007

Scopophiliac Attack!

I’m not one for writing an auto-biographical blog, one of those online diaries detailing whom the writer is working with, sleeping with, partying with, angry at, overjoyed with, indifferent to, etc. More often than not, that belongs in a notebook somewhere. I’d rather just share my reviews and thoughts with you. Knowing me, it will mostly be about movies. But I hope to throw some observations out on theater, TV, restaurants, and other cultural happenings that flitted past my eyeballs. I will, from time to time, also write about certain issues that have stuck in my craw, crap going on in this existence that not enough people are talking about. This will be an on-going project, nothing is set in stone, and I may go back to change previous writing at any time. Hopefully, my words will become looser, free-wheeling, and closer to my emotions over time. There’s been too many stuffy criticisms or fanboy grammar-free rants, both extremes that the Internet encourages too much. Possibly my mind exists in the middle ground? What I’m saying is, sometimes I will cover most of the traditional bases of professional criticism and tell you if everyone from the director to the caterer did their job right. But sometimes I’ll just go off on a passionate yet hopefully intelligent tirade about what I loved, hated, or what I’m too amazed and over-whelmed by to know just what the hell I do feel. Beware, as I think big thinks, and run-on sentences may lie ahead.

But I’ll try to keep my personal life out of it.

All text © 2007 William D'Annucci
All rights reserved

No comments: